• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Copying files to Nexus 7 in Windows 8

Dex

Android Enthusiast
I find myself unable to use the MTP method to show my Nexus 7 as a removable device in Windows 7. The drivers seem to be installed and everything else seems to work, but I cannot copy files to it.

I have tried with and without USB debugging enabled. I have tried unplugging and plugging it up again. I am at a loss, honestly. I can see it as a camera if I select PTP mode, but I am unable to copy anything but very specific files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I connected my Nexus I got a popup at the top right saying "Nexus 7 - tap here for options" or something like that. When I clicked on the notification one of the options was "View files", and clicking on this opened the File Explorer.

Alternatively click the desktop tile at the bottom left then click the File Explorer icon. When File Explorer opens click "Computer" on the left pane then double click on "Nexus 7".

Both ways should allow you to drag and drop files from/to your Nexus.

When I connected my Nexus I got a popup at the top right saying "Nexus 7 - tap here for options" or something like that. When I clicked on the notification one of the options was "View files", and clicking on this opened the File Explorer.

Alternatively click the desktop tile at the bottom left then click the File Explorer icon. When File Explorer opens click "Computer" on the left pane then double click on "Nexus 7".

Both ways should allow you to drag and drop files from/to your Nexus.

When I tap on the popup it shows me the driver information, the information I'd get if I looked at it in the same area as the printer and game controllers on my PC. When I look in my File Explorer the Nexus 7 simply does not show up in MTP mode. It will show up in PTP mode, however.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several drivers. Some from ASUS, others I grabbed from the NRT. I have restarted several times. All to no avail. Still stuck.

Back
Top Bottom