• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Could the Desire 816 be coming to Boost?

sirrx7

I looked through the files in the nandroid that was posted in the Desire 816 forum for the VM version of the 816.
Inside, I noticed that they have included boot animations for Sprint, Boost, and Virgin Mobile. They also seem to have prop files for each carrier. I'm guessing a script run on activation decides which becomes default.

Has anyone heard about Sprint or Boost getting the 816? Or did Sprint just have HTC make it available for all 3 because they weren't sure which carrier would get it?

I'm not trying to spread rumors on upcoming phones. I'm just curious why they would have done that.

Yes, I know. I have the VM version. I just found it interesting that the phone also has boot animations and prop files for Sprint and Boost Mobile built in as well. I wasn't sure if that was a sign that the phone is also headed to Sprint and Boost or if Sprint wasn't sure which carrier would get the phone so they had HTC include files for all 3 carriers just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom