• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Creating home screen folder

timsinc

I posted this I think in the wrong forum...

The usual Android method to create a folder is to long press an app icon and drag it over another when a blue circle appears. Simple.

Samsung on many of its devices thought better. Press menu button and you get the option. Works on my S4 phone.

Samsung on its new tablets thought again. Do away with the menu button.

So? Press and long hold the multi-tasking key (faintly visible to left of physical Home button). There you'll find the Menu. That's 'android central's solution.

All I get doing that is option to bin the Home Page, or change wallpaper or add widgets.

But here, thanks to ...
[Quote:]
Originally Posted by athegn View Post
Found it.
Go to app screen press icon and top left is create folder; name then drag apps to created folder
---
Not completely clear, but under Apps, click on the three dots menu where you'll find option to create a folder. Which it does - placing it as another App in Apps. Then you have to drag it to your Home Screen.

Why is something so simple so difficult, so obscure? I love the tablet but talk about Some-sang stress!! How to make your device as un-user friendly as possible.

Tim

There is an easier way.

Long press on the icon you want to put into a folder, then drag it to the top of the screen. You'll see on the top left a "Create Folder" option. Drop the icon on this and you'll see the folder creation dialog.

Back
Top Bottom