• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Curious - is this good, bad, or average?

notacoach

Android Enthusiast
Screen was on throughout the entire period shown, brightness at 40%. Internet use including FB and messenger apps, bluetooth and WiFi were both on, and I'm in a poor signal area.

It's better than my HTC M9 for sure, which would have been below 50% with the same usage. It also would have heated up (which the LG has not).

Capture%2B_2016-11-11-11-52-22.png

Last edited:
LG phones usually have the best battery life on the market. Both my Lenovo and LG have 3000mAh batteries but the LG lasts much longer. For example if I charge them to full at the same time and let them in sleep mode overnight with similar power management settings, in the morning the LG would have used as little as 1% of battery while the Lenovo usually used at least 5% or 6% of battery for no apparent reason. I could only guess that the Snapdragon processors might have better power saving than Mediatek processors.

Standby time on this thing is amazing - it was 100% when I went to bed and 100%when I woke up.

Yesterday, I got about 14hrs without a charge. The three hours of solid sot shown above, then off and on use (mostly Internet, but also phone calls) throughout the day.

Standby time on this thing is amazing - it was 100% when I went to bed and 100%when I woke up.

Yesterday, I got about 14hrs without a charge. The three hours of solid sot shown above, then off and on use (mostly Internet, but also phone calls) throughout the day.

I had an LG G3, and it had great battery life. What service provider do you have?:p

Tmo.

I'm still curious what opinion is on the battery life shown above - I only have my HTC to compare it to (and the m9 had AWFUL battery life on Marshmallow; was a bit better on Lollipop)

Tmo.

I'm still curious what opinion is on the battery life shown above - I only have my HTC to compare it to (and the m9 had AWFUL battery life on Marshmallow; was a bit better on Lollipop)
From my personal experience with two HTC in the past, they do have good battery life but you probably will notice a significant drop in battery performance after six months or so.

about where mine is but substitute messaging apps with 6-8 hours per day of running the hifi dac through headphone or car input jack - with spotify running.

I leave my wifi on - and at work it constantly seeks because I can't latch onto work wifi. I should set it off every day - I might work on that.

anywho - if you haven't done it yet - let your phone kill the battery till it shuts off - just once. This helps calibrate the devices powermeter. OH and I leave the battery saver settings on right now. never noticed a slowdown.

I let mine go all day yesterday without charging and it was even better today; it seems to prefer that rather than top-ups through the day. An hour of SOT this morning catching up with news and email only used about 6% battery. Got in the car and streamed 45 minutes of radio through BT speaker, and it was still at 83% by the time I was done.

I'm using Smart Settings to turn off Wifi when I leave the house. Note to LG: I would LOVE Smart Settings to let us tailor it to different scenarios, not just "home" and "not home". I will say having it automatically turn wifi back on when I get home is great, and will prevent me using data until I realise it's too slow and turn it back on!

Back
Top Bottom