• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom Faux-based Kernel for AOKP by aznrice2k4

ricki13th

Dec 30, 2012
This is just a link to his kernel for those who are on AOKP. He also have a sound mod for better audio quality. He stuff is high quality and stable so give it a try and you will never regret it.

All his kernels for download https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=33532

Stay up to date with his work on this device on XDA
http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/discussion-galaxy-avant-t2845229/page163#post61406423

I tested it out and wow its pretty good. It has does well with the RAM and Greenify I average over 850 MB of free ram with everything cleared. Battery life seem pretty good both screen off and on (still testing) and The performance has been liquid smooth very good balance of performance and battery. I love the other amazing features it has like changing the RGB, Intelliplug settings, governors/I/O schedulers are turnable, and Volume Gains (DBs) I used this app that allows me to changed all these values and more for FREE called Kernel Aduitor. Thank you and keep up the good work
UPDATE (07/05/15): To fix camera not recording videos go to your build.prop and delete tge line that says: qcom.hw.aac.encoding=true use "build.prop editor" in the play store if you don't know how to do it manually.

I found a great way to save battery during standby. I get much better usage on one charge as a result. Make sure you download the latest kernel (6/18) for AOKP and get an app that can change kernel settings like trickstermod. But I personally use Kernel Adiutor to do this. Go to CPU Hotplug and scroll down to CPU Maximum Screen Off Frequency and change it to 600 mhz and it will lessen battery drain on standby. It won't affect your lockscreen/turning back on phone push notifications nor music when you turn the screen off while playing. I tried to go lower back it won't really stick but its all good though!!!

Enjoy ALL credit goes to aznrice2k4

Last edited:
This kernel flash witth odin?¿ i have a problemas with stock. Want to chance kernel.… do you have kernel stock in backup? Send me plis and try this kernel maybe dont have any reset with this.

Sorry bad english
Its ok I got what you said, no this is exclusive to just AOKP rom only. Just flash this if your on...
Metro
http://androidforums.com/threads/metropcs-g386t1uvu1ank3-stock.915076/
Or...
http://androidforums.com/threads/t-mobile-g386tuvu1ank3-stock.914984/

You might have to wipe data unfortunately. Never flash anything before make at least one backup in recovery.

Upvote 0
My burden extends probe and various chargers I the only one that works well is 2.1 to 2.0 but not xD is rare .... that profiles are you using because if I'm using the phone every 3min me down 1% or even I rest have their configurations .... as if I might say? it's no problem because battery is almost new cel!

Try changing the governor to conservative and change the multicore powersaving to agressive. Then go to CPU Hotplug and change to Intelliplug and user the Eco Conservative profile and for faster slightly faster WiFi go to miscellaneous and change the TCP from Cubic to Westwood. Also refer to my simple guide for better battery without sacrificing performance. In fact your device will run smoother as well as see improvements in screen on time and standy Enjoy!
http://androidforums.com/threads/cm11-and-aokp-a-guide-on-how-to-get-good-battery-life.919907/

Tell me if you experience any improvements!!!

Upvote 0
Try changing the governor to conservative and change the multicore powersaving to agressive. Then go to CPU Hotplug and change to Intelliplug and user the Eco Conservative profile and for faster slightly faster WiFi go to miscellaneous and change the TCP from Cubic to Westwood. Also refer to my simple guide for better battery without sacrificing performance. In fact your device will run smoother as well as see improvements in screen on time and standy Enjoy!
http://androidforums.com/threads/cm11-and-aokp-a-guide-on-how-to-get-good-battery-life.919907/

Tell me if you experience any improvements!!!
if friend right now and I made changes in two hours rest I spend 7% unused, but when I started using me just 2min under 53-48% is normal? ...... and I still always take to charge the battery example 56% spend as 10minutes, with any charger that happens less with the largest of cases that if you fast ....

CM your daily use? to me because I have no choice because the stock rom gives me restarts only with partial lock works but I spent the horrible battery

but your advice the previous link and the note right now little improvement although the new kernel of July 5 is better is because the battery problem or if the cyanogenmod too?

thx bro waitng your answer!

Upvote 0
if friend right now and I made changes in two hours rest I spend 7% unused, but when I started using me just 2min under 53-48% is normal? ...... and I still always take to charge the battery example 56% spend as 10minutes, with any charger that happens less with the largest of cases that if you fast ....

CM your daily use? to me because I have no choice because the stock rom gives me restarts only with partial lock works but I spent the horrible battery

but your advice the previous link and the note right now little improvement although the new kernel of July 5 is better is because the battery problem or if the cyanogenmod too?

thx bro waitng your answer!

I really don't understand what you mean. But you should be on Aokp and install the latest version of the kernel than make the changes I told you with the app called kernel Adiutor in the play store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones