• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom rom it

kgreendenver

As a new zio owner im wondering, do the rom designers on this site do roms for every phone?
Or do we have to wait till a designer who own a zio designs something. Boy i wish I was geek enough to design one.

The sanyo zio can be rooted by downloading the (1click root for n1)from xda developers i used the newest one.I have my zio rooted and have had no problems.ENJOY

rooting is easy... custom roms is the thing somebody has to leak a 2.1 version that kyocera may be working on if at all.. athis point i doubt they are.. they are so wishy washy about supporting their phones imho

sprint is getting to release their version of the zio with 2.1 or 2.2. im sure someone can cook something up from that.

We're trying to get a custom ROM here:
Kyocera Zio M6000 - on Cricket, Android 1.6 - xda-developers

I'm looking for someone to give me a copy of the Sprint ROM.

There's some info on what do do here:
My Brain Hurts: Porting Clockwork Recovery to New Devices

The pre-cursor steps are here:
Compile CyanogenMod for Hero CDMA - CyanogenMod Wiki
That's for the a Hero, but if you compare the steps for all the different phones, they are nearly identical aside from the phone name.

Basically the Cricket Zio 1.6 needs to be pulled, then the Sprint Zio 2.1 needs to be pulled. Then you need to compare the vendor setup files, move the required Cricket info over to the Sprint files, and then we'll have a custom ROM.

Simple, yeah? :D

Hmm, actually, besides that, there could be radio issues. I'm not familiar with that so someone who has more experience needs to answer this.

Even if we get the Sprint ROM and move the settings over, would the radio still be an issue? The radio is stored somewhere else, so when uploading a new rom, only the kernel and system files are replaced, the kernel stays the same. So the new rom would still have the old cricket radio, would that be bad?
Does the radio only store hw communication info, or does it tell it to use specific towers? Or is the towers part only the PRL?

The "baseband version" on my Cricket Zio 1.6 is "1.0.24l"

What is it on the sprint phones?

Back
Top Bottom