• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogenmod 7 Beta for VM USA CDMA (SSROMCM7)

sisu

Nov 21, 2011
Southwest Washington
www.nwsisu.com
I found this cyanogenmod-7 beta for my Virgin Mobile USA CDMA phone. So finally getting a look at CM :)

It is a BETA, so tons of thing don't work

But internet, mail and phone works, so I will be playing around with it for a while!

Simonsimons34 is the dev working on this. I think there is another CM7 in works out there for other WFS models.

update 5-9-12
Been flashing the rom on and off, and I did get the Google Play (Market) and root access to work by flashing gapps and superuser. On the most recent install, the GPS finally started to work.
So I will keep using this rom for a while. Video and camera don't work, but I can always flash back to my old ROM if I need those features. I don't know if Bluetooth works since I don't use it.

Update - you can download the Beta from here: Team BlueRidge goo.im

Reactions: huaweirocker
The GPS actually doesn't work: The satellite fix comes on once a minute, staying on only for a second. So, at the moment, on my device:
- GPS doesn't work properly
- FM radio doesn't work
- Camera and camcorder don't work
- Video playback doesn't work (there is audio, but no picture)

It is of course BETA. But I have actually been using it quite a bit. When i need GPS and camera, I just flash to Blueridge Sense 2.1

Reactions: huaweirocker
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones