• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

D2 Global on Global Market ?

nonotz

i've considered to replace my old , slow , painfully lame BB with D2Global

considering the fact that im not in US ,
when d2GLOBAL will be released in global market?

or should i considered another brand ?
(Desire Z already available here )

you can get an unlocked D2G and use it with a SIM from your local carrier.
I'm typing this from a unlocked D2G in Taiwan using a pre-paid SIM from a local carrier.

you can get an unlocked D2G and use it with a SIM from your local carrier.
I'm typing this from a unlocked D2G in Taiwan using a pre-paid SIM from a local carrier.

This is a bit off topic. My family is going a tour in China next month (Shanghai up to the Heilungjiang area). Do you have any tips on me what carriers to use? I'm looking for a small amount of minutes and mostly using it for data - gotta keep in touch with my friends here in the States! And what carrier do you recommend in Taiwan (Kaoshung area) - I'm thinking ahead for next year. :)

This is a bit off topic. My family is going a tour in China next month (Shanghai up to the Heilungjiang area). Do you have any tips on me what carriers to use? I'm looking for a small amount of minutes and mostly using it for data - gotta keep in touch with my friends here in the States! And what carrier do you recommend in Taiwan (Kaoshung area) - I'm thinking ahead for next year. :)

Depends on how long you plan to stay and how much data you plan to use.

I've never been to China so can't help you with China, I do believe they are mostly a CDMA network in China.

In Taiwan, CDMA voice is available but data is 1X. so you're better off with GSM/HSDPA although the speeds on the 3G GSM network is very slow compared to EVDO in the states.

If you will be using a lot of data, you're best bet is to get a "post-paid" sim, but don't sign a contract (since you're not asking them to subsidize the price of a phone). for about $1,000 NT/month you can get unlimited data and some voice minutes (they charge per second or per 6 second increments. incoming calls are all free)

Any of the carriers are ok. Taiwan Mobile, Far East Mobile are the two I have experience with and both seems to be fine.

I quickly burned through my pre-paid sim so decided to get a post paid monthly sim. Had to ask a relative to get it for me because they require an ID from a native resident.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom