• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "damaged sd card" error

londonstylz

Jan 31, 2011
I keep getting the "damaged sd card" error. It goes away sometimes if I take the card in and out a couple times. I also get the "sd card removed" message sometimes. I tried reformatting the phone last week and it worked for like 2 days. Id I reformat using my regular computer will that fix the prob? Im not rooted incase you need to know. Oh and sometimes when I go into the music player it says my card is being used by another program.

Reformatting usually helps. According to the lg customer service, if youre downloading something and the service gets interrupted it corrupts that file. If your phone tries to read the card it has to read the whole thing and when it comes across that bad file thats when you get that message. It may also be an app too, but if you back up your card before you format it, that is the quickest way

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones