• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data safety form and privacy policy

pledgeX

Lurker
Jul 31, 2019
I uploaded an app to the Google Play store a couple of years ago. I got an email from Google recently about the need to complete the data safety form and upload a privacy policy if I wish to make any further updates to my app.

My problem is I'm not sure what I need to declare. I've read through the guide here https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/10787469 but I'm still not sure.

My app doesn't gather any user data, but it does use the Google Play billing service to allow users to make purchases. It also uses the Google Play In-App Review API to occasionally prompt the user to review the app.

Do I need to declare these?

It looks like I also need a privacy policy now. Any guidance on how to create a bog basic policy that would cover the above?

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones