• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data Usage Survey

ouch1976

Android Enthusiast
How many people truly use a ton data on the cellular network? I am a relatively active user of my phone, but I only have a 3G phone and download speeds are horrendous so I find that most of my usage is when I'm on Wifi. So, it's ironic that I have unlimited data when I barely use 1GB per month...is anyone else is the same boat? How much are you pulling down each month?

So far, I'm 24% through my 500MB allowance. 3G Watchdog is predicting I'll have used 39% of my allowance by the end of the billing period.

3 GB 12 days in. but it's my only internet at the moment. And I'm an addict.

2.762G halfway into my billing period, that's including tethering to my tablet. Also its the only Internet i use, i have home internet but theres at least 3 people using that at any time so 4g is a better option.

My cycle ends in 2 days and I am a smidgen under 1Gb. And that's heavy for me. I'm almost always around 800Mb per month. My biggest month was when I first got my Droid X. It was about 1.6Gb then.

When I'm at home, I'm on the WiFi. Just downloaded AppTraffic Free so I can see just how much I use on WiFi every month.

This is going on my second month of using my phone with a 4gb data plan. I've yet to crack the 1gb mark. I wasn't sure how much one could use the first month so I was cautious, but now I use it more and more. At home I use wifi, so that keeps the 4gb down. The thing for me is the battery seems to drain faster when I use 4G, so I end up turning it off before the phone goes dead.

I use zero mobile data on my phone, it's on wifi at home. But I did use around 3GB of mobile data with my laptop(not tethered, using a USB modem), as I was on holiday a few weeks away from home.

According to 3G Watchdog, I've used 176.06MB and I've 19 days left until my billing period ends. Based on current usage, I'll have used 46.6% of my 1GB allowance by the time it resets itself.

I only ever use 3G to any great extent when I'm at work and tethered (I have a plan :p) to my tablet, the rest of the time, I'm pretty much connected to WiFi.

I use about 6-7 Gigs a month on my Shift on 3G. It would be more but I use Wifi at home.

January billing cycle I used 2.2GB on my phone and 750MB on the tablet. I have a 6 GB allowance. I have rarely gone over 4GB. I solely use 3G on my phone and the tablet as I only have 25G on my home broadband (shared by 4 people).

I am half way through this billing cycle and I have used 2.5 GB on my phone and tablet.

25GB on a Home Broadband???
never seen it soo low... normally up around 100GB or more..right?

i think my home broadband... netflix is running 8 hrs a day on 2 TV.. 2 Laptops (occasional internet movies - Hulu ) surfing.. 2 smartphones... i dont think
25GB would never be enough... I am now curious, i need to go find out what we use on the home cable service.

25GB on a Home Broadband???
never seen it soo low... normally up around 100GB or more..right?

i think my home broadband... netflix is running 8 hrs a day on 2 TV.. 2 Laptops (occasional internet movies - Hulu ) surfing.. 2 smartphones... i dont think
25GB would never be enough... I am now curious, i need to go find out what we use on the home cable service.

I live in Canada...that should tell you enough ;) The telecoms like to rob us with outrageous fees. It used to be unlimited but they throttle your speed. Now you have a data limit as well as being throttle for the tier price you pay. You just got to love being F* every which ways by the telecoms!!! :rolleyes:

Last month i consumed 1.5. I use HSDPA connection. Most of the time i downloaded apps and surf the web. I never download audio or video, sometime i watch YouTube video (rarely)

How many people truly use a ton data on the cellular network? I am a relatively active user of my phone, but I only have a 3G phone and download speeds are horrendous so I find that most of my usage is when I'm on Wifi. So, it's ironic that I have unlimited data when I barely use 1GB per month...is anyone else is the same boat? How much are you pulling down each month?

I do between 2 and 3gb a month on my mobile

I use about 125-150 gigs a month on my home connection...

holly crap ... how many people are at your home? using it?
when i first read that post... i was thinking it was data over your phone /tethering!!!

wonder if i even come close to that on my home cable broadband with the whole family using it.

holly crap ... how many people are at your home? using it?
when i first read that post... i was thinking it was data over your phone /tethering!!!

wonder if i even come close to that on my home cable broadband with the whole family using it.

99% of that is me... the fiance just does email/facebook lol... how you ask? Netflix probably plays a big role in that. I do a fair amount of online gaming as well.

Back
Top Bottom