• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Decent (UK) Weather App For My S3

Internaut

The Accuweather widget isn't cutting it. It doesn't automatically update my location from GPS. The Met Office app is ok but its widget has performance issues and makes the transition from screen to screen (occasionally) juddery. Is there anything better out there?

Oh, and I'm also an iOS user so I part with my money easily (i.e. happy to pay for a good app :)).

I use BeWeather widget, here's the way it is on the home screen and the notification:

1976462012-07-28%2017.15.35.png

8149932012-07-28%2017.15.51.png

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bellshare.beweather&hl=en

I recommend fancy widgets as probably the best for a clock and weather. You can do just weather on it too I believe. The best part being there are tons of custom skins you can use for the weather icons and the clock skin. It's all in app, takes 10 seconds to download and use a new one. It's pretty similar to beautiful widgets but the skins seem to be much higher quality

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anddoes.fancywidgets&hl=en

I ended up with BeWeather. It's not the prettiest widget (at least in the none paid version I'm evaluating at the moment) but it gets the job done and the app is nice in its own right.

Animated Weather Pro is nice although it has a screen of the Grand Canyon. It updates every hour but on the downside when I go into Settings it boots me out.

I've been using Beautiful Widgets for a really long time...IMO it looks the best, and does the job for me.

I've used Palmary Weather for a while. Also just loaded Aweather to try. Both make a nice little 4x1 widget.

I've been using Beautiful Widgets for a really long time...IMO it looks the best, and does the job for me.

just got a sammy galaxy s3 and installed this Beautiful Widgets Weather App, it is much better than the stock accuweather widget :-)

I am pleased so far :-)

I use BW too, but it still uses accuweather (better than its google option for me)

I went to a traction engine rally in Pickering (UK) today. Animated Weather Pro said it would be heavy rain, with thunder and lightning, so I took my umbrella. The sun was blasting down when I got there at 13.00, people (guys anyway) were stripped to the waist, eating ice cream. There were an estimated 30,000 people there with maybe 3 others having umbrellas.
At 14.30 a black cloud zoomed in like the alien ship in Independence Day and 15 minutes later it POURED down!
AWP got one thing wrong, there was thunder but no lightning.
Don't you love modern technology?

I went to a traction engine rally in Pickering (UK) today. Animated Weather Pro said it would be heavy rain, with thunder and lightning, so I took my umbrella. The sun was blasting down when I got there at 13.00, people (guys anyway) were stripped to the waist, eating ice cream. There were an estimated 30,000 people there with maybe 3 others having umbrellas.
At 14.30 a black cloud zoomed in like the alien ship in Independence Day and 15 minutes later it POURED down!
AWP got one thing wrong, there was thunder but no lightning.
Don't you love modern technology?

Actually it got both things right. Can't have thunder without lightning. You might not have SEEN the lightning but by definition it was there.

Beautiful widgets for my main screen. I love the transparency that you can set, so that your wallpaper shows Weather bug for my various locations. Both are great

Back
Top Bottom