• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Default audio player for Bluetooth

Volt9000

When I get into my car, my Galaxy S3 Bluetooth-syncs with my car and automatically starts playing music. Problem is, I don't want to use the stock music player; I want it to continue using my last music player, which is BeyondPod (a podcast manager.)

Is there any way to do this?

Bump
Any help on this?

I should also point out that I don't appear to have a default music player set on my phone, so I'm wondering why anything starts playing at all.

best bet?

get a TEC TILE or another RFID thingee. 'slam' the phone on the tile and make it switch ON bluetooth (you do want to save battery as much as possible) and then have it launch your fav audio player...

best bet?

get a TEC TILE or another RFID thingee. 'slam' the phone on the tile and make it switch ON bluetooth (you do want to save battery as much as possible) and then have it launch your fav audio player...

Interesting idea, but I don't see why I should have to buy an extra piece of hardware to make my top-of-the-line flagship phone do something my old iPhone 4 did out-of-the-box.

I also have this question/issue. GS3, and want BeyondPod to start when I get in my car and press play on my Bluetooth stereo. Amusingly: this also wasn't an issue for me with my iPhone 4.

The only difference for me is that I'm using Cyanogenmod 10. Any suggestions [that don't involve me buying hardware] will be welcome!

well have u tried going to the file manager and clicking on any music file does it ask u open with which player? If it does u could select the player u want and click on set to default.

well have u tried going to the file manager and clicking on any music file does it ask u open with which player? If it does u could select the player u want and click on set to default.

I haven't tried setting a default application, but I certainly will. Problem is, I only want to use BeyondPod to listen to podcasts, and a different player for music. Which means I will need to manually go into the music player to play the music, because when I plug in my headphones the podcast will start to play.

What would be ideal is if I could use BeyondPod to automatically download the podcast, add it to the appropriate playlist, and use the default music player to just play through the playlist. But despite the fact that I checked on "Share playlist with other applications" in BeyondPod, I still can't see the playlist with the stock music app.

Back
Top Bottom