• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help delay in receiving emails

rpvp40

Lurker
Hello, I was a Blackberry user for years but switched to the Samsung Acclaim 4 months ago. My biggest complaint is the delay in receiving emails. With blackberry it was instant! I believe I have my settings to check for messages every 5 minutes, but that does not seem to be the case. Sometimes it is hours before the messages come through and other times I have to turn the phone off and then back on to get the messages. Anyone else experience these problems. Is there a way to sync the phone to my email account and get instant notification when a new email has arrived? Thanks in advance. Ryan

If you've installed a task killer, you might want to remove it. TKs can interfere with email syncing and notifications.

For true instant/nearly-instant email you will need to use Gmail, an exchange mail server, or some other push system with 3rd party mail clients.
If your email is from your corporation, you can ask IT if the corporation supports Exchange or has an other Push mail system for android.

Back
Top Bottom