• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Delay/Lag when unlocking...

Ghostf4ce

Lurker
Wondering if you guys have found a way to reduce this lag? I never used to get it on the Galaxy S2 but I have noticed there is a lag/delay when you unlock the phone before hitting the security screen where the screen is black for a period of time, this period of time can vary to the point where it can be instant, or quite prolonged.

I have tried a factory reset, uninstalling apps, killing background processes, all the usual tricks.

I have watched a few videos on Youtube and noticed that other people are getting a delay but again, it is the way the delay varies that leads me to believe it is something running in the background causing it.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers!

Welcome, Ghostf4ce (nice user name.. you're not from Scotland, are you? :D).

The perceived lag/delay depends on services as they run simultaneously but at varying times. It's like traffic.. it'll have gaps here and there, then it'll clog up here and there.

You're right to pay attention to those services, and it's best to manually sync whichever widgets and apps you can stand to do that (Facebook, weather, etc, even Gmail).

I'd also have a look at the launcher settings, along with security. Even the stock launcher itself can produce lag (that's why faster, more efficient launchers have come along. Have a look here: http://androidforums.com/android-applications/404459-big-list-home-launchers-april-27-2013-a.html).

Meanwhile, I had a bit of lag in the bootup of my Note 2 the other day and remedied it by the unexplainable method of just removing the sim card and putting it back in. :confused: But it works quite often across many devices we've seen. :)

Back
Top Bottom