• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Delete preInstalled Apps

Jop Lisbon

Lurker
I have on Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro (SK17i), Unblocked but with some official apps, that stole my personal information.
1 - Is there any way to Delete Pre-installed Apps without make that "rooting"? :o
2 - And If i have to make "rooting", is there any Data/information lost? :confused:
Thanks for the help :)

It's necessary to install rom and other programs after "root"?

I did a quick Google search for your question and found this:

Simplest way to "uninstall" those apps - go to the app folder and click once on the icon on the bottom right - if the app shows a red X - you can "remove" it. As for applications to move apps to the SD - I'm using App 2 SD Free from android market and it works pefectly - it just tells you which apps can be moved including a note when you install new apps. Other than that, it actually just uses Gingerbread's built-on routines to do the actual moving of the app so there's no hacking or rooting required. I've plenty of apps installed - and still have over 250M left on the phone thanks to having a large, fast SD card.

1. Root the phone. The only bad thing you get from rooting is downloading apks from filecrop because root makes your phone completely vulnerable to getting viruses.
2. Get an application deleter with root abilities(titanium backup pro works fine).
3. Find the delete application part of the app and simply delete the app.

Back
Top Bottom