• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

chocoholic

Lurker
Jan 21, 2013
I accidentally deleted the DCIM folder on my asus EEE pad transformer prime. Now when I go on to the camera it says "Please mount internal storage before using the camera" and won't let me take photos. All of the photos that I took physically with the camera on the prime rather than putting on by SD/ memory stick are still there in file name, but each of the file sizes is 0.00 KB- ie. I'm pretty sure they don't exist.

Is there any way to get the DCIM folder back? I've tried creating a new folder called DCIM but it wont let me.

If i do a factory reset on the prime will the folder exist again? (obviously, i understand it will have none of my previous photos in, but i need the ability to be able to take photos with my prime).

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones