• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Deleted Google play store help me!!!

Z

Zombieboss_gamer

I rooted my RCA tablet and I deleted the google play store and I can't get it back I have reset my tablet 2 times and it did not come back then I downloaded an apk of the play store that was even up to date but I cant download apps or update anything so I got aptoid and downloaded the play store from it and it says I don't have the latest version of Google play games somebody plz help me

All a reset does is erase user-installed apps and settings, so that will not bring back an app you removed. Did you remove anything else at the same time (some of these Google apps are interconnected, e.g. if you removed Google Play Services then you'll need to reinstall that before anything will work). I can't recall whether the Play Store needed to be installed as a system app, but I think it very likely that it does.

I don't believe Google Play Games is essential - I don't have that installed at all.

A clean solution would be to reflash the device with stock firmware , but I don't know how that is done for that type of device.

Sure you'll have to re-flash the original manufacturer's firmware, or flash an appropriate Gapps package from a custom recovery which may not be possible. RCA TVs are made by TCL. Tablets, I don't know. RCA is just a licensed brand for whatever products from China these days, like Polaroid. You could try the distributor/importer, details should be in the instructions or warranty card.

Bare in mind this is a $50 tablet that Walmart sells, and frankly you might have to buy a new tablet. Next time be more careful! :thumbsupdroid: If you go deleting something in system with Android, it's gone forever, there's NO recycle bin.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom