• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deleting apps without App manager

Volt9000

Is there a way I can delete apps without having to go into App manager? Coming from an iPhone, it was convenient being able to delete an app just by getting rid of its icon. This also deleted all data with the app, which I found wasn't the case when I recently deleted a podcast player, and it didn't delete the files that *it* downloaded. I had to manually delete the files using Astro.

Two ways to delete an app. Settings/applications and to go into google play (Or other play store if you have one installed) and delete it within that.

If you are willing to try a different launcher, with Nova all you have to do is drag the icon from your app drawer to the trash can.

Just press the Apps button, then select Uninstall from the menu. All apps which can be uninstalled will be shown with a red minus sign next to them. If you press any such icon, it will ask you for confirmation, then uninstall whichever apps you choose. You can even swipe between homescreens whilst doing this.

Back
Top Bottom