• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dell 2.2.2 update says "FOTA model name mismatch"

sthoward

Lurker
Hi all,

I am new to Android, and also to the Streak. I bought a Streak on Ebay, it appears to be an AT&T version that has been unlocked. I'm running it on Rogers in Canada.

I'm seeing notifications about a system update that is available to Android version 2.2.2 with Dell Stage 1.6. When I click on the notification, it sends me to a web page at ProcessRequest and I am able to download the update successfully. However when I try to install the update, it fails with an error message "FOTA model name mismatch". I have tried running the update directly from the web link and also the manual method (copy it to the root of the SD card, re-naming it to "Update.img" and re-booting with the volume buttons pressed) - same result either way.

How can I get this update running on my Streak? Here are my Streak's version numbers:

- Baseband version: GAUSB1A130900-US
- OEM Version: GAUSB1A130900
- Build number: 11548

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

go to the dell website on your phone and you can down load the 2.2 update. download that and update your phone to that and then try going to 2.2.2. I'm not sure if that will work but it's the only thing that i can think of that might work. Do you have the unlocked streak or the one locked to att. if its locked i dont think it will work. if thats the case use the QDL tool to get flash the unlocked 2.2 and then you will be able to get it for sure

Sorry, I should have mentioned that it is already running Android 2.2. I don't know for sure but I think it's an AT&T model that has been unlocked.

I have the 2.2.2 firmware running now. Here is what I did:

(1) I installed and ran the QDL tool. It flashed my Streak to what appears to be the Dell 2.2 firmware image.
(2) After a re-boot, I copied the Dell 2.2.2 update package to the SD card as "Update.pkg" and installed it by holding down both volume buttons and powering on the phone. It installed cleanly, and now it appears to be running fine on my Streak.

Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom