• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help dell streak 5

jrabatie1

Lurker
does anyone have and idea of this solution please?i'm trying to use this phone i bought i have just gotten a dell streak its unlocked when i got it i put sim card in and used it make calls etc. now some for some reason
i just had to go back to att because my old htc surround was stolen.so i got a new sim card,anyone have an idea is it posible dell could if it was stolen bye chance i bought it on craigslist but it was a trade that dell could of locked it out.the phone shows no sim .the sims in correcT THE INTERNETS WORKING,ANYONE PLEASE, COULD IT HAVE TO DO WITH SETTTING UP A GOOGLE EMAIL ACCOUNT HAVING PROBLEMS WIT TIH IS..BUT WHAT I'M THINKIN FROM WAT I READ SOMEONE HAD SAID THE PLAN THAT I 'M CURRENLTY ON IS GRANDFATHERED BUT THEY SAYIN YOU HAVE TO GET A DIFFERRENT PLAN FOR LIKE A LAPTOP/PHONE IHAVE NO IDEA SO THANKS EITHER WAY,I GOT UNLIMITED EVERYTHING I'M THINKIN FIRST TO CALL ATT ,DELL SAYIN TO GIVE UP PERSON I BOUGHT PHONE FROM BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHO IT IS ANYONE

Without a SIM card the device will work on Wifi, it order to have it work on At&t 3G/Edge you need a valid SIM card, you don't need a new one, just a valid At&t SIM should do. You also must have a dataplan on your account.

After that, it really should be plug and play, if you can make phone calls, the data should work too.

Setting up Google Mail and everything else can all be done over Wifi, you only need a valid SIM to operate over the At&t network.

You should be able to also use a prepaid sim from a non-at&t carrier since it is unlocked.

You might want to validate that it is unlocked, that might be your issue.

Hope that helps. Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom