• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dell Streak does not support Bluetooth file transfer services

I think this is only for certain devices. Maybe compatibility or version? I was able to send file from Samsung to Streak but I can't send from Streak to Samsung. Is there a limitation to file size or file type? I'm trying to send an APK.

Ah, yes, that might be the case. Ive tried , sendind an apk from one stresk to another and a message appears stating file type cant be sent. I am sure theres a way.

How large was the file you successfully sent from the Samsung to the Streak?

Upvote 0
It's just 1 mb. Even smaller like 300 kb can't be sent. This is pretty annoying. I had to plug both to Android to exchange files. If I have internet, I just upload to Dropbox. But again, this is just cumbersome. :(

Wow, I will ha e to test my size limit. Ive been able to transfer video, large mp3 files etc, just not apk files... Let me give it another test....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones