• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dell Streak outdated?

hi there, to be honest anything released pre-2011 will be outdated within a few months, thats all there is too it, new phones this year bar the SE Arc and possibly a few others are shipping with single cores and X RAM, everything else will or should have 1GB RAM and dual core. heck theres even been talks of quad core by the end of the year.

What exactly are you looking to use it for? if you want a PHONE go with any decent one coming out: Galaxy S 2, the Atrix etc

If you want a tablet and you like the Dell Streak Style there is the Dell Streak 7 which is the successor to the dell streak except it has a 7 inch screen as opposed to 5, though does fall short in a few places.

I concur. It's really impossible for any mobile phone to remain top of the heap for more than just a few weeks before something better comes out, so just as with computers if you wait to purchase the best you'll never purchase at all!

Welcome to the group.

I love my Steak, I know it isn't the most up to date, but if you can get 2.2 installed, hardware isn't that bad. I have never used the memory it has, so I don't know what more would really do. It is great on wifi and browsing.

It is now only $49 at Best Buy too. If you really want the latest with the big screen, I believe the Streak2 (duo core, etc) is suppose to come out this summer.

Back
Top Bottom