• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dell streak warranty

forozas

Lurker
hello, I just bought dell streak from ebay, the seller said it's brand new, sealed, unlocked... but when I receive this phone, box was resealed and alot stuff inside wasn't packed like should be, so now I wanna make shore what that liar don't lie about warranty. seams like this phone directly from dell.com but I don't receive any receipt or order print. Somebody can explain how I should register or I don't need warranty? And to use warranty or I need receipt or not?

when you call dell's customer service they will ask for the service tag number. thats under the about phone tag in the settings menu. it would also be on the box on the white sticker tag. Good luck with Dell's customer service though. they suck. if you want to get anywhere every time you get someone else on the line ask to speak to a supervisor. the general rank and file there are very good at saying no. Good luck

When I had my phone replaced last month they only asked me 3 questions "Where did you buy it & when?" What is the Service Tag Number?" Once they verified it was under 1 year old, they were great. They had to do some transfer of ownership within their system form Bestbuy to me and then I had a new phone in less than a day. Unlike your prior response, I thought they customer service was great.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the box being opened, but I am not sure if the warranty is transferable. Not something that you can blame on the seller unless he stated it was.

Back
Top Bottom