• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Detailed Battery Statistics Without Root

Vlad Soare

Hello,

When I look at the battery consumption history I see a big chunk allocated to "Android System". I'd like to see that chunk split by individual apps and processes, to find out exactly which processes are responsible for it. BetterBatteryStats seems able to do that, but unfortunately it requires root. As I understand, it's not its fault - it's just the way permissions are set up in the latest Android versions (shame on Google, they're becoming more and more like Apple with every passing day :().
I'm not yet ready to root my phone. Is there really no way to get that kind of information without rooting?

I'm using Android 5.0.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I think you may find gsam battery monitor a little more detailed than the stock, and a better presentation of the data. It probably doesn't have as much detail as you want (I don't think it breaks apart android system), but seems to be the most popular battery monitor. Free, and a 4.5 star rating with a million downloads...it must be doing something right
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm

(There are free and paid versions....I don't recall the difference)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom