• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Detroit area T-Mobile nexus no data connection

ksc6000

I'm in the Detroit Metro, specifically Southfield area and I haven't been able to get a steady signal at all for the past few days. I get full signal for calling, but data doesn't seem to be working. Data connection REALLY sucks, and this is only began a few days ago.

I try to browse and it shows me full signal (or at the least, half) with 3G, and it will flash the up arrow under 3G once, and then again, and not do anything. Then after a few minutes I'll try again, and it will suddenly start working, and switch to H and I'll be able to use data, then it goes out again.

I'm wondering if this is because I upgraded to Froyo, then downgraded back to my desire port from Modaco..I did flash all 3 older original radios, and none help the situation. So I'm hoping that it's the towers around here and that I didn't fry my radio somehow.

Anybody else having similar problems?

I am in the Detroit Area as well, in the Northville area, and for the past few days have been experiencing connectivity and speed issues. Voice calling is fine. It looks the speed improved a bit today, but connectivity is still bad with many data drops.

I live in the Rochester Hills area and I have had no problems so far.... knock on wood.... I also work in Pontiac and have noticed that my 3g signal has improved in the last few days.

Seems a little better now. I called Tmo yesterday and asked them to cancel my location. That didn't help. But it seems to have improved now. Thankfully. Probably they were doing maintainance or something on the towers around here.

Same here, in Pontiac I have issues but when I'm in Southfield its okay. I always cut my phone off then on when it does that.

Back
Top Bottom