• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable notification to install Lollipop update (already downloaded)

so5724x

Hello,

I downloaded the lollipop update on my 2013 Moto X, but have since decided I don't want to install it for a variety of reasons. But it bugs me to install it every day with a full screen reminder that I can only keep delaying by 24 hours.

Is there anyway to disable this notification? I disabled notifications in Motorola Update Services but no luck.

I know you can disable it when it is just bothering you to download the installation, but after you have downloaded it I am not sure what to do.

Perhaps the solution is to delete the file I downloaded? Where would that be? I looked in /cache but it was an empty folder. Where else could it be?

Thanks!

This update wouldn't be downloaded to any user-accessible folder: rather, it would be in the /system partition. Which would require you to root the device to get to it. Once you have root, make sure you backup everything! I found this procedure... it's for the Galaxy SIII, but it's Android so the principle should be the same. Be very cautious, as renaming things in /system could easily brick your device and only YOU are responsible for what you do in there! You might find something out there more specific to the Moto X, but this is a place to start. Hope it helps.

I'm pretty sure that updates are downloaded to the cache partition- you can't see it, because you don't have rights to see the files unless you root the phone.

You can restart the phone in recovery and wipe the cache partition to remove it, but I believe it will just download when you restart the phone again.

Back
Top Bottom