• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable OS Auto-Update option is not there...

So everywhere I search for to find out how to do this tells me to go to Settings -> About Device -> Software Updates.

The problem is once I'm there the option is not (see attached screenshot)... can anyone help me disable/find this option. My phone auto updated to 5.1 and broke a game I play and I don't want it happening in the future... I would also be open to ideas on how to get the game working again... (Puzzle and Dragons).

On Galaxy S5 for AT&T with developer mode enabled (only use it with Unity and don't know much about messing with Android devices)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-13-11-52-45.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-13-11-52-45.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 57
Howdy!
I've moved your thread into the S5 forum so others can help.
Now, I'm not that familiar with your device, but I think you may have to be rooted to totally remove the notifications. Not sure and that is why I moved you here :)

Did a little look around and found this:
http://androidforums.com/threads/delete-update-remove-notification-at-t.904431/

Perhaps not the exact answer you are looking for, but it'll get some chit chat going on here :D

Cheers!

So everywhere I search for to find out how to do this tells me to go to Settings -> About Device -> Software Updates.

The problem is once I'm there the option is not (see attached screenshot)... can anyone help me disable/find this option. My phone auto updated to 5.1 and broke a game I play and I don't want it happening in the future... I would also be open to ideas on how to get the game working again... (Puzzle and Dragons).

On Galaxy S5 for AT&T with developer mode enabled (only use it with Unity and don't know much about messing with Android devices)

Hello and welcome to Android Forums aurasplash :)

The problem you are facing with the update option is that you are running non stock Samsung firmware, see #1.6 of 37 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide, and this option to not check for updates has been removed by AT&T in their firmware version.

You may want to think twice about Puzzle and Dragons as it is a known battery drainer, see, here.

Back
Top Bottom