• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help disabling storage of texts.

brindall

hey guys

just a small one nothing major.

its not such a big problem just a tad annoying.

i downloaded the handcent sms app, just to try it out, and i prefer it for one big reason and thats that you can have the message pop straight up on your screen in small box and reply there and there, not much i know but i just like it. i think the look of it is slightly better as well, how ever, i have one problem and thats with the original sms app. i managed to sort it so it doesnt notify me of any messages in notification bar, but...it still stores the amount of new messages in a lil number in the corner of the original sms app icon, even if the message has been read and replied to in the new app, is there a way that i can stop it from storing messages as soon as i have read them?

i dont expect a solution for this but its worth a try ay?

not that i know of, however if you're now using handscent merely remove the original sms app icon and only have the handscent one.

not that i know of, however if you're now using handscent merely remove the original sms app icon and only have the handscent one.

see i thought about that, but i cant actually remove it from the phone i can only move it from the main icon bar at the bottom of the screen to the app selection screen.

it doesnt really matter i just wondered if there is a way around it.

I'd also like to know if there is a way to stop HANDCENT from automatically storing texts in the History....

I'd also like to know if there is a way to stop HANDCENT from automatically storing texts in the History....

no i dont think they can iv just had a quick skim through and it would appear that we cant disable that, i know i can turn it so it deletes messages straight away but i dont wanna do that i just wanna make it so the lil number doesnt appear on the original app icon of how many messages i havent read using that app instead of handcent

Back
Top Bottom