• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disabling Time Adjustments

Folks

Not sure if anyone can help of if indeed there is even any way to do this, but here goes. We use around 50 Android Phones, mainly Samsungs in my work. These are used in particular to allow staff to book on and off jobs via a bespoke (to our industry) app that we use. Unfortunately the app does not prevent people altering times by manually changing time on the phone. Is there anyway or any app that we could use to disable the ability to change the time on the phone to prevent people changing it.

Thanks in advance.

Android has a "Guest Mode" that might normally work but Samsung removed that feature from Galaxy smartphones (it's still in their tablets).

By "book on and off jobs" I'm guessing you mean "clock in and clock out"? So they're fudging their actual hours? It's generally depressing to have threats looming over you in the workplace, but I'd subtly remind people that lying about work hours is legally considered theft.

This is a problem that the Bespoke App should fix. If the app's purpose is to log work hours and people can easily lie about those hours, they should prioritize an update. Rather than pulling the current time from the system settings, they could probably use a free API that pulls it live from the web.

Thanks Rob - You are completely right it should be the App desingers that resolve this but so far we have had no luck them prioritising it. May well have to try again.

If your company is managing and maintaining 50 or so phones for its staff, there's likely to be someone in charge of a MDM (Mobile Device Management) service to remotely manage those phones? Which one?
If not, with that many mobile devices that should be implemented to keep employees from tweaking things to for their own purposes. Locking down the Settings menu is typical feature in most MDM services, a measure to prevent things like change date/time, installing apps, etc.

Back
Top Bottom