• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Display Auto Rotate not working correctly

RJL24

T Mobile, My Touch 4G phone is about 7 months old. Purchased new from T Mobile.

When I turn the phone to the rectangle view, that is looking at the 4" horizontal x 2 vertical inch, the display still shows in the long display -- that is the information is 4 inches vertical by 2 inches horizontal. Auto rotate not working.

If I shake phone, nothing happens.

Tried auto calibrate (menu > Display > Sensor calibration> calibrate), on a flat level surface,
clicked OK \when done, and restarted phone to no avail.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

First of all you need to select that option in settings. If you haven't done that (which I'd bet you haven't done) then no landscape. However, you should know that it (landscape view) only works in SOME apps and not at all on the home screen

Apparently, the auto rotate became turned off.

I turned it on and all is well.

My Touch 4 G, never did rotate in home screen.
Thank you.

well i found this post trying to fix the problem i am having , i have a MyTouch 4G through t-mobile .My problem is that in the non-landscape mode (upright position) it is fine but it will not auto rotate into the horzizontal landscape mode i have toggled auto rotate option i have reset the phone i have even done the factory reset and calibrated the g sensor nothing has worked. it is not jailbroke it is still factory. i am not really smart tech wise but i can figure out most things. any lamens terms help would be beyond appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom