• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Display color irregularity

JovHok

Apr 18, 2016
I’m having 2 types of issue with my display,
  1. Noticing a kind of very lite shade of greys only in white screens irrespective of the brightness. No problem with any other colors. Can't capture it in a snap. So tried my best to represent it in the image(attached). You can download the image and zoom-in and shake the image in the marked area to clearly see what I’m talking about. Anybody else having this issue? Is it huge issue since I will be working with photographs in the phone?

2. Also the display is cooler at top and warm at bottom. Images attached. Again stating that it is very difficult to represent it in an image but tried my best.
In real life these issues won’t be that severe as in the images but easily noticeable for someone who is working on graphics and arts in daily life.,

Just bought the device yesterday. Would be nice if someone can tell me how to convey these to the retailer without making him think that I’m crazy for a replacement.

Unlocked model S7(flat)
Slide1.PNG Slide2.PNG Presentation1.png

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones