• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Displaying a list of registered users

AndroiJ

Lurker
Task to accomplish:
1. I want to be able to display a list of registered users using a unique ID which will be assigned on registration.

2. Selecting a unique ID should display specific details of the users information and image.

3. Vote the selected user (votes should be countable)

I would appreciate a detailed code. Thanks

Since not said what platform you want this to run on and provided no information about the database the user details are being stored in or the GUI you will be using, I think that detailed code is impossible. But by asking this you are effectively asking someone to write an app for you for free (as this is more than a couple of lines of code), which to me seems a bit cheeky.

Last edited:
You can get help here, but your question needs to be much more focused. As @Hadron said, it's unrealistic to expect code for the things you've requested.

Can I suggest you try to make a start on this first, and ask for help with specific parts of the application?

Thanks for the reply.
I have started writing my code. I have been able to develop a chat app (like whatsapp) in android studio.
I want to include some functionalities in it too.
I want users to be able to register for a contest. I want all users to be able to see people (or search) who have registered and vote any of their choice. Just that functionality is what I don't know how to go about.
I would appreciate your help.
However, I am a newbie to coding.
Thanks

You need a server component, with a database to record information like registered users, and who's registered for contests. In broad terms your development plan might be:-

- Design the database
- Implement a server application which can accept web requests to interact with the database
- Implement code in the Android app to communicate with the database server, and present that information to the user

You might want to consider using Google Firebase in your solution

https://firebase.google.com/

Thanks for the reply.
I have started writing my code. I have been able to develop a chat app (like whatsapp) in android studio.
I want to include some functionalities in it too.
I want users to be able to register for a contest. I want all users to be able to see people (or search) who have registered and vote any of their choice. Just that functionality is what I don't know how to go about.
I would appreciate your help.
However, I am a newbie to coding.
Thanks

Yes, I have firebase installed. But I don't know how to write codes that will do the contest and voting
Thats what I needed help with

From what you've said so far, I think you are starting too big. Take a step back and learn the fundamentals of programming first. Learn how to work with databases, build UI's, etc., and work on some smaller projects. Then take a little time and really think through your design for the app you want to build.

I'm working on something similar, and it's taken me months to get it into a vaguely usable state, and I work full-time as a programmer. It's definitely not a first-project kind of thing.

Thanks so much. Is there a way we can link up and discuss a little further @23tony? You can please hit me up on gmail, my id is jamesadelodun19
I know well how to work on the UIs, that is a little easy. But I do know I have to work more on the database and more on coding. However, I think I still need help anyways. I love working in together with people.

Back
Top Bottom