• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DLNA client doesn't see all my songs...

Malachi42

I have a Windows 7 PC where I keep all of my music. I am sharing that music over the network through a 'homegroup'. My netbook, also running Windows 7, is able to see all of my music on the server.

My new Sony Google TV is able to see the homegroup share from my server but when I connect it only shows me a fraction of the songs. I don't understand why. They are all in the same shared folder.

So, as an experiment, I downloaded a UPnP client for my EVO phone to see what it would see on the server. It sees exactly the same set of songs that the Google TV sees.

Why are the Android based clients not seeing all of my songs? They are all unprotected MP3 files.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

OK, I figured it out. WMPNetworkSvc didn't have read permission on all my files. Changed that and now it works fine.

Just FYI.

You downloaded a dlna client for your evo? Does it work? What is it called? I'd like to get one of these running on my Incredible...

The one I dl'd worked fine for music. Just search the app store for dlna or upnp, it should come up with several.

The one I got was UPnPlay. That's not meant as recommendation. It's just the one I picked to test the server with.

Back
Top Bottom