• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do You Still Love Your S3?

The Galaxy S Relay is the only one that I know of. It is availble on T-Mobile in the US. I had an HTC Desire Z before. Since that one, the only ones that I know of available in Canada through a carrier is the Sony Xperia Pro and the Motorola XT860 (Driod 3) and those came out in 2011. So far, no landscape keyboard sliders up here in Canada for 2012.

I have been considering just going down to the states to get it of T-Mobile and unlock it. So far, I am really impressed with my S3 so much that doing so is more trouble than it is worth.

HTC had already announced earlier this year that they are not spending much resources on keyboard phones. I was disappointed as I was hoping for something like a One Z with a keyboard slider. Next year, RIM is coming out with a portrait keyboard slider. Perhaps if that becomes popular, it would make Android manufacturers consider making a landscape keyboard slider.

I don't know. I used to like keyboards until swype came out. I don't know why anyone would want to use anything else. I actually type faster with it although truth be told, this S3 seems far less likely to know the word I want for some reason. All my previous phones were excellent but no matter how basic the word, the S3 always wants to pick something stupid as its first choice. Aggravating but I'm slowly but surely getting it where I want it. I'd certainly like to know why this thing doesn't have the ability to manually alter/add user defined word list.

The screenshot shows us the answer is no :)
Do I slobber all over my phone all day long, no. At work I work, I don't play with my phone. At home I have a computer and a 50" plasma HD TV I usually watch movies on, but I have watched 1 movie complete on my phone and the quality is outstanding. Complaints? None.
BTW the screen shot was done with the OEM battery, not a fat battery.

I don't know. I used to like keyboards until swype came out. I don't know why anyone would want to use anything else. I actually type faster with it although truth be told, this S3 seems far less likely to know the word I want for some reason. All my previous phones were excellent but no matter how basic the word, the S3 always wants to pick something stupid as its first choice. Aggravating but I'm slowly but surely getting it where I want it. I'd certainly like to know why this thing doesn't have the ability to manually alter/add user defined word list.

I can't stand text prediction of any kind. I sometimes make up three-letter acronyms (or ones of any length) in my messages. When I use Swype, I find that I often have to go back and edit things.

The problem with any touch screen keyboard is the lack of tactile feel and that you don't need pressure to register a tap. I find that being able to feel around for the key before I press it enables me to make fewer errors. After a while, you can train yourself to not even look at the keys when you type. With touch screen keyboards, you have to look at the keyboard. If you make a mistake or if the text prediction is wrong, you may not notice it.

I still love mine.
Had a bit more battery drain initially with JB but turned off Google Now (unless I really needed it) and everything is peachy again.
My only disappointment is I get the wifi issue where it drops the connection and picks it up again instantly (annoying when streaming content to a smart tv). I tried the *#0011# to turn off the wifi power save mode but this didn't fix it and it murdered my battery. Also tried assigning it to a less congested channel on my router but it still does the drop. Hoped JB would remedy it but it didn't. Other phones(iphone 4 and htc desire) in the house don't have the issue.
=(
Other than that I do love the phone still!

Back