• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does anyone find it scary......

tattedman

Android Enthusiast
Unless you don't listen to the news you know Amazon has launched there "appstore" today......

I went to download it to see how it is.... I decided to watch the video they made cause come on who doesn't watch the videos companies make to see how stupid they can make themselves seem..... well my hat goes off to Amazon they made me laugh enough that I just had to post this....

Watch the video located at Amazon.com : You Submitted Your SMS or Email

I got a good laugh at 20 seconds...... "The Appstore will start downloading. You may see a message that says, "Installation Blocked" Don't worry. Click the "Settings" button when prompted. Tap "Unknown Sources." IT"S OKAY, IT"S AMAZON. Tap "OK,"

Doesn't that just make you feel all warm and fuzzy? What good could come from a company saying "trust me, I'm a professional" For those of you that remember Ferris Bueller's Day Off... You will know what I'm talking about

ehh Amazon is trustworthy enough. More than I can say for other companies. You don't become one of the world's top billionaires by scrupulous means ... well, then again maybe you do.
rhfn_guvax.gif

ehh Amazon is trustworthy enough. More than I can say for other companies. You don't become one of the world's top billionaires by scrupulous means ... well, then again maybe you do.
rhfn_guvax.gif

Yes I know...... but still why reassure people of that..... are they questioning it themselves? Ya I trust Google but I don't want them on my cell phone..... WAIT..WHAT?!..... They built the software on the phone.... ha :D I trust Amazon... But does anyone see the flaw in this.... they tell you to allow the Sources but they don't tell you to un-allow them.... maybe cause they need permission at all times but still....

Does anyone find it scary......
Not at all. You have to enable that option to side load. You seem to be fixating on the words "unknown sources". It doesn't mean that malicious apps are suddenly going to automatically install themselves from all over. It just allows you to load apps that aren't from the Market. You'd still have to initiate the install.

If you find the Amazon Market scary for whatever reason then don't use it.

Dude chill it was ment to be taken light harded... i was saying it was the way they said it was funny...... come on im on a dev forum why would i be afraid of it

Ok so i updated the amazon appstore lastnight right before bed i woke up to check my bal of my band and guess what i cant send or recieve text iv already reflashed and updated roaming like i said why trust amazon

Back
Top Bottom