• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

does doubleTwist suck, or is it just me?

jeffdlb

Android Enthusiast
I want to sync a single iTunes playlist onto my Android phone (HTC Evo).

doubleTwist seems extremely slow and inefficient. I'm not sure if it's me, my computer or the desktop component. When I launched DT for the first time on my computer it tried to scan every song, playlist, photo and video it could find. If I change a playlist in iTunes, DT needs to rescan every playlist to learn of the change, and there does not seem to be a way to tell it to simply refresh a single playlist. I can't tell DT to ignore picture and videos (though I did spoof it by configuring it to look in an empty folder I created). When I add a single song to the playlist and resynchronize, it takes many minutes (still not done as I write this message) instead of simply doing a quick scan of song titles and copying over the one new song.

Maybe another app + desktop component would be better? I don't want to manually copy MP3s because they are scattered throughout the iTunes file hierarchy and the only point of integration is the iTunes playlist.

I hate Itunes, I run Vista on all three of my comps and have tolerated for quite a while (only after running task manager going to services and setting priority for itunes to high) only because we have 3 ipods only one of which we paid full price for. We were looking at the I duds er um phones, because we liked the players and the way they sounded. I have been managing my media via windows file explorer for over 5 months now but I just found a work around that address the only thing I missed about itunes ~ the option to adjust eq and volume level of the file.

So here's what I did. Opened I tunes; set the system priority to high from win task man, then added my phones media folder to i tunes, sort by date added, selected all files right clicked then went to the get info option, then the option tab and changed the volume and the eq option. Delete the duplicated files from itunes then unmount droid. Now my droid is louder than my ipod in my car, yay!

Back
Top Bottom