• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does Google Now support other languages?

Dominic36

Jun 26, 2012
Montr
I recently upgraded my Galaxy Nexus to Jelly Bean 4.1.1
I put it to test right away by asking questions in my native language, french. Then, I saw a couple of issues:

1) Android support french, but France's french. The french canadian accent is pourly understood. In order to be better undestood, we have to take a France accent, which is far from being natural. In Android language setting, most of the language (like spanish, english and even arabic) have their regional accent supported, why not french?

2) when doing queries in Voice search in french, it only gives web browser results. There is no "card" results, like in english, and the phone won't "talk" it's answers, even if the "always talk" option is checked.

So, does anyone knows if additional language will be support in google now and if regional accents of the french language will also be added??

thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones