• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Does the Hero email client support VCal?

T Mac

I am thinking about switching to the Hero but I need to know if the native email client on the Hero supports VCal? For example, if someone sends an appointment to me via email to my Palm Pre, it does not support this function and in turn the email is a bunch of text. With my old blackberry I could send and recieve appointments via email with no problem.

I'm not sure that if it even works, that it does so very well at the moment. Could you try syncing whatever calendar system it is to your Google calendar first? It'll seemlessly integrate to any Android then.

I have also tried to accept these through the google gmail account and it also doesn't support this feature apparently. I basically have to wait until I get to my PC and open the email from Microsoft Outlook and accept the appointment into Outlook. Then I sync that calendar with Google calendar. After that, my Pre syncs those calendars and I have it finally in my phone. This is a major pain compared to if either phone would support VCal entries into the email client. Is this such a hard thing to do? Is there an app for that? DroidDoesn't? Palm Pre Doesn't? iPhoneDoes, although I definately don't want an iPhone.:(

Back
Top Bottom