• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does This Exist? Car Charger + Mount + Aux Out?

consultant

Aug 13, 2012
My aftermarket bluetooth that interfaces with my car stereo stopped working and I don't want to mess with it. It's made for iPhone/iPod anyway as far as plugging it in so you can control the music play via the steering controls and see the song title on the screen on my car.

For Xmas I bought my wife one of these instead of her using the stupid cassette tape adapter. (She has an IPhone - I have an S3.)

Amazon.com: GOgroove FlexSMART X2 Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Charging, Music Control, and Hands-Free Calling for Android, iPhone, Blackberry, & Windows Smartphones: Car Electronics

I'm not only a gadget geek but an audiophile and I was pleasantly surprised by it. With proper EQ adjustment and frequency selection, it sounds pretty decent plus now she can do handsfree calls without having to have a shop install some expensive system. The cool thing about this device also is that it actually has an aux out jack so you could forego using FM and just go Bluetooth to Aux out to Aux in on the car. (Her car has no Aux in jack though.)

What I'd like for my S3 is essentially something similar to this but not FM based since I have an aux in jack that sounds phenomenal when I plug my S3 into it. But I don't want to use Bluetooth all the time and run my batter down.

Ideally, what I'd want is a cigarette adapter like the Flexsmart with a flexible arm. At the end of the arm is a mount for the S3 and a mini-usb plug in the bottom of the mount. When I plug my phone into the mount, the music is piped out the aux out in the base of the mount. The phone is also charged. I just run a 3.5mm jack cable to my cars aux in.

I doubt such a thing exists. I think I'll need to buy a separate mount and just use this Flexsmart device's aux out. I think the speaker phone on the phone itself is good enough though if mounted up high. I suppose the only other solution is to just mount the phone up high, and plug the cars aux in, into the headphone jack like I'm already doing.

Ah, ha. I essentially want this with a mini-USB plug for Android!

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-TuneFlex-Charger-SmartClick-Remote/dp/B001OI2VG8

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones