• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help doesn't support mkv video?

FirebirdStud

Android Enthusiast
After doing some searching on the web, it says that the galaxy tab 10.1 should play the MKV video format, but when I drop the video into Kies to install it on my Tab, it doesn't go on there. Can we not add this file type to the tab?

What movie file types are supported then? What is a good program to convert my files into a supported movie type that doesn't add a ton of space to the movie, but maintains the great video and audio quality of the MKV video type?

Thanks!

Try dragging the file manually and use MoboPlayer app to play the file if native video player doesn't play it. I personally hate kies so I don't use it.

I might have found a solution to your problem. I can play mkv files on my galaxy tab 10.1 and they play beautifully all you have to do is buy an app called Dice Player its like 5.00 bucks on the market but its worth it. Trust me on that and I also discovered a trick on how to play mov. files with two different types of audios as well. If you are into anime or any other media content that requires two types of audio. All you have to do is get dice player then open the mov. file using the dice player app but before doing so use AndroZip to rename the mov. file to mkv. If you don't have the AndroZip app download form the market its free. After renaming the file open dice player and select the video file it will prompt you to choosing which audio to use. Yea its that simple sweet right;)
Just to let you know that Dice Player struggles to play 1080p video in any format but 720p video is superb.

Back
Top Bottom