• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Don't upgrade to tab 4!!!

azlen

Have been thinking about upgrading to a newer unit from my Tab 2-7.0. Wanted autofocus camera and standard micro-usb connectivity.

With the Tab 4 now released, did some investigation.

BEWARE!!!! Discovered that Samsung has downgraded features from Tab 3 to Tab 4 in order to lower their price.

No 7" tabs have autofocus.

Tab 3-8.0 has autofocus and many other unique features, like HDMI out with dongle. Let me know if you'd like more info.

Tab 4-8.0, by comparison, has NO autofocus, slower processor (although quad core), lower resolution rear camera. Costco currently has Tab 3-8.0 onsale for $219. Well worth it.

AVOID Tab 4!

I agree, and it shows in the price. The sgt 4's are cheaper on amazon than the tab 3 series. I would rather have a tab 3. Why the hell would they even release the 4 series. It's getting to be too much at this point. It hasn't even been a year since the release of the tab 3.

In a ideal world:
-It would be nice if samsung released new updated firmware as fast as they release new lines of devices...

I like my Tab 3 and it performs as good enough for what I need it to do with, but is so disappointing to be the owner of a device that was launched less than one year ago and is already considered old and is being replaced by the manufacturer with a new line of devices with even less quality.
"Less than one year life spam for me is not acceptable."

Only to think that the customer support from Samsung duped me to buy the tab 3 under the promise that it would be receiving a software update by December 2013 the latest, for Multiple users capability.
And here we are in June 2014 and only now they finally starting to release the already outdated kk 4.4.2 firmware.
:( 2 little 2 late.

I am new to this forum and just received my first Samsung. After investigating I purchased a refurb Tab3 on groupon. Based my decision on having a decent rear camera and being able to hook up to my TV. My current tablet is the Nexus 7 which has been great but has neither of these features. So far I am impressed with this Samsung and ordered the HDMI connector.

Back
Top Bottom