• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Don't want Lock Screen?

Pinmac1

Android Enthusiast
Is there a way for my S7 Edge to go straight into a normal screen with all my apps when I press the Home button to turn the screen on? At the moment, it goes in to the Lock Screen which I have to swipe each time to get rid of. I have it set to stay unlocked when it is close to my Gear S2 watch but I still have to swipe each time.

Thank you. I had a go at that and when I say "None" it says it will delete my fingerprint data? To clarify, I don't want the Lock screen to come on when connected to my watch but I do if it's not e.g. if it's stolen.

Sorry, it sounded like you wanted it totally off.

I just tested Smart Lock (on a different phone) and also have to swipe. On the swipe page there's an option to lock by tapping a lock icon, if the S7 Edge also has that I'd guess you can't remove the swipe requirement... or at least can't see a way on my phone.

Or you known, press the home key to turn screen on and not let your finger off it so the phone will read it and unlock?

:blushDroid: I never knew you could do that! Many thanks, now I have to get out of the habit of swiping!

Back
Top Bottom