• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Doogee X10 Chinese phone

Hi, I was wondering if someone could kindly shed some light regards a Chinese phone someone has given me at work ,, it Powers up , freezes on Home logo , Doogee, I've tried hard reset, cleared cache , done a power up volume down as well as up , all one does is show me Cantonese , I just pressed Root integrity check , it ran through the files , when it ends it says something like "Error / app,,,/Drive/Drive one APK has been modified , system check fail 1 modified file , system check failed
Am I guessing correctly someone's Rooted it badly and it's more or less a Paperweight now ? It's no drama , but it's a shame because it's fairly new with all warranty cards and manual ,,, I'm no pc wizz , but if anyone knows if it's a simple fix by someone at a local cell phone repair shop I'll take it and have it done for a emgc spare Thank you ...

Definitely go through the process of re-flashing this phone. Given it's a hand-me-down and the current Android install on it is corrupted you really want to return it to its former, clean, first time used state. You wouldn't want to use it not knowing what might have been left on it even if it was running properly.
That said, it's a relatively dated model with low hardware specs:
https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/41ca42a2
With only 512MB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, and a low res screen those are limiting factors for something like a daily usage phone. If you take it somewhere to have it serviced, weigh your options on how much money you want to spend on it to get it working again.

Back
Top Bottom