• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Downgrading 2.3.4 to 2.2.1 Gingerbread question! Please Help :-)

Well its my first time with droid and im planning on downgrading from 2.3.4 to 2.2.1 to root and remove bloat ware. But what i wanted to know is there a custom rom like Gingerbread 2.3.4 cause i really like the battery life and layout im quite use to it. But im not sure what a rom is or does or even where to start looking not easy for me to understand. As many options as i see out there i dont want to make a mistake cant really afford to, not sure what different sense's there are and what not just need a simple noob answer lol... Looking for any suggestions... Thank you :D

CloSetCaSe, there are plenty of ROMs out there for the MyTouch 4g (HTC Glacier) and you can surely bump back up to Gingerbread after root. I recommend after rooting to back up anything important with Titanium Backup, then grabbing ROM Manager, both from the Android Market. A great Gingerbread ROM for HTC Glacier is CyanogenMod 7.1, and if you would like Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), I recommend Creamed Glacier (WARNING: Still in BETA). Hope I could help :)
EDIT: ROM = Read-Only Memory btw

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones