• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Downgrading Rezound back to Droid X

ouch1976

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2011
After using the Rezound for almost 2 months, I'm contemplating going back to my Droid X. While I really like the Rezound, I have a soft spot in my heart for the X and I'm having a hard time parting with it.

The Rezound crushes the X in camera performance, screen clarity, and has 4G speeds. But, I'm not terribly impressed with 4G, the Rezound screen is already scratched because it doesn't have Gorilla Glass, and I've found several glitches which are not apparent in the X.

Another thing that bothers me is the price differential. Second hand pricing for the Rezound is around $300-400, but I can only get around $100 for the X (including car & desktop docks). In my opinion, the benefits of the Rezound do not justify more than triple the price of the X.

So do you guys think it's a really bad idea to downgrade your phone?

That's the thing...I don't see such a vast difference between the two...then again, I'm not rooted on either device and I'm not a hardcore user...phone calls, texts, web browsing, some games, reading, etc. I actually like Sense alot, but I throw ADW on the X and get alot of the look and feel...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones