• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Download blues

raglan35

First time user here so be gentle?
Tried updating google plus app on market, gets to 50% then stops, has anyone else had this problem if so what is it?
Thanks anyone.

Welcome to Android Forums.:) You will find that it is very different here than other forums as we are very friendly. If you feel someone isn't being gentle, just hit the report button (bottom left) and the superheros in red will take care of it.

As to your Market problems, try clearing data and cache for the market. Goto Settings | Apps | All | Market and you should see the buttons there. This often clears up issues with the market.

Just gave that a crack and it now gets to 55% lol.
But still no joy unfortunately.
Stupid question time tho, having a task killer or onavo installed as I do wouldn't have anything to do with it would it?
:-)

Just gave that a crack and it now gets to 55% lol.
But still no joy unfortunately.
Stupid question time tho, having a task killer or onavo installed as I do wouldn't have anything to do with it would it?
:-)

Get rid of the task killer, it will do more harm that good. I can link you to 10,000 threads that explain why if you want. But trust me, get rid of it and don't worry about having little memory available on your phone and apps you aren't using loaded in memory.

Cool, thanks for the advice.
Task killer is gone!

Lets get your downloads working first. I explain Android memory management later (actually, I'll link you to a post where someone way smarter than me explains it:D).

OK, now that you have removed the task killer, try clearing data and cache for the market again. I'm going to bed in a little bit, so I'll give the next steps to try if the download doesn't work then,

These are found in the same place as market but I would try just the market first. Please let me know how you make out.

Clear data and cache for Downloads
Clear data and cache for Download Manager

Cheers! Will give that a go.
Sleep well :-D

OK, tried that, still stops @ 55%. And it's only with google plus... everything else is fine. I have had G+ before but I uninstalled it when it wouldn't update so now I don't have it at all...
Anyway thanks for the help it's is much appreciated.

One more simple thought before I dig in. have you restarted your phone after removing the task killer and clearing the cache? If not, its worth a shot.

Yeah tried all that but...
Still, nevermind, I'll make do with the browser version.
Much thanks for all the help tho, it's nice to know I'm not alone :-)

OK, here's a thought, the file for G+ is about 8.5 MB right, my carrier wouldn't have some stupid restrictions on my account would they?
Is it worth asking ya reckon?

OK, here's a thought, the file for G+ is about 8.5 MB right, my carrier wouldn't have some stupid restrictions on my account would they?

I'm not sure what carrier you are on, but I have heard of none of them putting a limit like that on their customers. Have you tried uninstalling all updates on the Market?

Settings | Apps | All | Market and there should be a button that says uninstall updates or something like that. Do that, restart the phone, and try to get G+ again.

I just realized that the forum we are in is for general discussion about Google.:rolleyes: It's my fault, I should have picked up on it sooner.:o I found it through unanswered threads and hadn't looked where you were. I am going to ask for it to be moved to the Android Lounge where more folks will get a look at it.

No big deal, it was your first post. I'm the one who should have noticed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The problem could be with a restriction from your carrier regarding your data plan. You might want to check in with them about that. One more thing, have you tried uninstall/reinstall the app in question. That installation of that application might be corrupted.

Well I don't know why or when but I have been able to download G+ and update it. Mystery not solved but crisis over. Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom