• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Downloaded app not on "desk Top"

jester68

I jut downloaded an app from playstore on to my GS4. I can see is under the "Application Manager" but theres no short cut on the "desk top". any idea how I get it there? thanks

In the app drawer, long-press the app's icon. Then drag it to the desktop. (Exactly which desktop and how you move it depends on the launcher you're using.)

When you go into your Google Play settings on your phone, do you have the box ticked for "Auto-add widgets"? That's so when you download an app it automatically gets saved to your home screen.

The app drawer is that screen you access by pressing a little icon in your dock that has all of your apps (either in a set of pages or one scrolling grid). The icon usually looks like a small grid, typically in the centre of the dock except Samsung tend to put it on the right.

The launcher is the application which provides your desktops and the app drawer - you may think these are just there, but everything is an app ;). If you don't know and have an S4 then it is the Touchwiz launcher you are using.

If you install a number of apps and add each one to the desktop, it might be that you have just run out of space for app icons.

1. Look at the bottom of your screen.
2. Look for an icon with a bunch of dots (that's your app drawer).
3. Click on the app drawer icon.
4. Scroll the apps and find the one you're looking for.
5. Long press that particular app icon and slide it over to your home page.

Back
Top Bottom