• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Downloading from the Market is failing today?

false_apology

Jan 28, 2010
Hey All,

For some reason today I can't download anything from the Android market... it was working fine two days ago.

When I try to download anything (update or new app) it starts to go, but then after about 3 seconds, I get an error in the notification bar saying "Download was unsuccessful, please try again". I have tried power cycling the phone; didn't help.

Is this a Google issue? Or is this something specific to my device? Is this happening for anyone else? FWIW, I'm running the second 2.1 leak.

Thanks!

:mad: Still not working for me...
I try to download, I get the progress bar saying "Starting Download", then after a few seconds, a notification in the toolbar says "Download of <app name> was unsuccessful" and it leaves that exclamation mark notification icon the task bar at the top. If I click on that I get a dialog box saying "Download error- Download was unsuccessful, please try again".

Looks like a marketplace problem though, I just wanted to make sure there isn't something I did to break my phone.

I'll try it again later today maybe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones