• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Downloads failing

Tmobile Huawei mytouch 4g downloads are failing. im using an app called MyMixtapes. I used to be able to download music at will, then one day i nearly filled my disc space and my sd card space (1.1gb left) and all downloads stoppped working and apps started saying "unable to update, insufficient storage space." so I did the simple thing, deleted some music and uninstalled/unupdated a bunch of apps and tried again. Doing that Freed up a lot of space, I was allowed to update apps again, but still unable to download music yet I had over 2 gb available. So I did said screw it and factory data reset the bitch. Sd card is clear now and apps working fine, but I'm still unable to download music...the music shows downloading but they never even start, then notification bar shows the downloads for a sec then they dissappear. Tyen I go to downloads and they just say "failed" I retry them and still no success. HELP MEH!

Downloads go to internal storage, no matter where you put them later. If you're out of internal space you can't download, regardless of how much space you have on your SD card. (Windows works the same way with most programs - downloads go to a temp folder, then when the download is finished it's moved to where you think you downloaded it to.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones